Mid-year meeting 2012
27 July 2012
- In order to build unity during ceasefire period, RCSS affirms and adopts a 6 point policy of ceasefire period, which was decided by the Central Executive Committee and the Leading Committee at RCSS Headquarters on 16-17 March 2012.
- To build unity in Shan State and establish a genuine Federal Union.
- Every ethnic nationality and state must share equal rights. Whether or not the Shan State will secede from the union will be decided by the Shan State people.
- To carry out the development campaign for the Shan State people to understand and to be able to use the Parliamentarian Democratic System including human rights.
- To cooperate with President U Thein Sein government in eradicating narcotic drugs.
- Standing by the ceasefire to solve the political issues through political means until achieving our goal.
- Military means will not be used unless there is a necessity. The army is to assist the people and give security for the people.
- In August 2012, RCSS will hold a meeting with the Union Peace Making Work Committee to set up Peace Monitoring Committee.
Central Executive Committee
Restoration Council of the Shan State (RCSS)